• You need to provide a 2000 word report to your Marketing Director, addressing the
• The report should consist of an Executive Summary, which should cover the major
findings of the report. When writing an executive summary you should keep in mind that
it’s a summary of all the key points you’ve made throughout your report. After the marker
has read your executive summary, they should have a good idea of what is going to be
covered within the main body of the report.
• The executive summary should be approximately 300 words in length and is included in
the word count. It’s best to write your executive summary last once you’ve answered all
• In presenting your findings in the main body of the report, you should divide the report up
into three sections:
§ Understanding Buyer Behaviour
§ Brand Performance
§ Demographics & Segmentation
• You should answer each question under the relevant heading and clearly label the
question you are answering. Make it easy for the marker to see which question you are
answering. You do not need to re-write the entire question in the report.
• You need to provide a reference list at the end.
• The reference list and in-text references are not included in your word count.
• You need to include at least 10 references in your reference list. These should include
some of the course readings but you should also do some wider research and include
some other non-course peer reviewed journal articles. A good place to start in finding
extra references is to look at the reference list of the required course readings – this
should help get you started at least.
• For information on searching for journal articles online via the library, please see
is also some information provided on the course webpage in the ‘Resources’ section.
• The study guide, lecture slides and course outline should not be used as reference
material (you need to use the original source).
• You should use Harvard style referencing (for more information please see
• In answering the questions, you need to interpret the tables and provide some discussion
about the figures & patterns evident in the tables.
• Think about what you have learnt with the regards to the section topics in the lectures.
What patterns should you expect to see? Are these patterns evident in the data provided?
Why or why not? You also need to include relevant theory and support your answers with
• You do not need to provide the tables in your report.
Assignment Tips 2
Other Important Information
• The word count excludes your reference list and in-text references.
• It is important that this deadline is adhered to. This part of the assessment needs to be
submitted no later than Monday 14th October by 11pm. Any assignments submitted after
this time (without an approved extension) will incur a 10% late penalty (per each day after
the due date).
• Extensions will not be granted for this work on or after the due date. All extension
requests need to be directed to the Course Coordinator, Monica Orlovic using the
Extension link via learnonline. All extension requests need to provide appropriate
• This is an individual piece of assessment. This is not a group assignment. Be very careful
that the work you are submitting is your own work. (for more information on academic
integrity please see https://lo.unisa.edu.au/mod/book/view.php?id=252142)
• Please remember to always proof read your work and run spell check prior to submission.
• The marking criteria and a sample feedback sheet has been provided on the course
Finally, remember to use the discussion board if you have any further questions about