1.You only need to do part1.
2.The first compressed file is the 6 simulation reports.
3.The second zip file is: requirements and ratings of the rubric
4.Fourth compressed file: last semester high score report.
5.Simulation process is the specific operation of each phase
6.Please read each attachment carefully!
7.Instead of talking about each round, students write it to show you what the students think. Just put it together or write it in two sections.
8.You need to make charts. 5-6 reference.
Word count: Approximately 900 words
Explore the key strategic issues that your
company encountered along the simulation
journey. Frame your response around two (2)
questions, chosen from the options on slide 9.
Make sure that you use relevant strategy-
related concepts in your analysis, including the
related readings, ie:
Topic 1: Tools for Success
Topic 2: Strategy Development
Topic 3: Strategy Execution, and/or
Topic 4: Strategic Change & Growth
Part 1 – Strategic Analysis (2/2)
Your Strategic Analysis MUST be framed around two (2) of the below critical questions:
1. Porter (1996) notes that strategy is mostly about effective positioning. How did you go about positioning your business for success?
And how did this change as the simulation context grew – and became more complex?
2. Some would argue that after Round 1, the simulation is mostly about effective execution. How well do you feel that you executed on
your initial strategy? What would you do differently if you had your time again?
3. Neilson, Martin and Powers (2008) note that strategy execution is the result of decisions made according to various information flows.
What sort of information best assisted you in managing your initial strategy, and how did it help you to make good strategic
4. Critique your business model, and explain how it enabled you (or didn’t) to create & deliver value in your venture.
5. Business is always faced with change, some of which is the result of internal decisions, and others imposed on the business by external
forces. What aspects of change did you encounter, and how did you effectively manage them?
6. Using the DMAIC framework: define your biggest strategic challenge, comment on what evidence you had of it being a problem,
analyse the potential root causes of it, and evaluate the effectiveness of the solutions considered and implemented.
7. Assuming you were running this as an ongoing consulting business venture (ie in the “real” world), what key challenges would you be
likely to face going forward, and what might you then do to achieve sustainable competitive advantage?
Note: Please make it clear to the marker which questions you are using to frame your analysis.