BUS 373: Malus Analytics International (MAI): Combatting the menace of shadow IT
Programme Title Bachelor of Science (Marketing), Bachelor of Science (Accounting),
Bachelor of Science (Finance)
Course Title Management Information Systems
Course Code BUS 373
Assignment Title Malus Analytics International (MAI): Combatting the menace of
shadow IT (individual submission)
Instructor Associate Professor Dr. Norshidah Mohamed
Final report (7%) – April 3, 2019
Presentation (3%) – April 3, 2019
Assignment Format Written report & oral presentation
Assignment Length 1500 words (not including cover page, TOC and references)
Submission Format Electronic Submission (Turnitin)
1. Read and understand the Malus Analytics International (MAI): Combatting the menace of
shadow IT case.
2. Write a report about your analysis of the business case.
3. The ES should have a cover page with key information about the course title, course code,
assignment title, student’s name and student number.
4. There should be a Table of Contents that shows the section title and page number accordingly.
There should only be one page number corresponding to a section title. The page number
must point to the section accordingly.
5. Use consistent font (Times New Roman) and font size 12 for text throughout the report.
6. The report should have proper sections and section titles. Use bold Times New Roman and
font size 12 for section title. BUS 373: Malus Analytics International (MAI): Combatting the menace of shadow IT.
7. Organize each section with information containing respectively Introduction, Business
Problem and Impacts of Shadow IT, Contributors to Shadow IT (i.e. analysis of what drives
shadow IT), and Recommendation on actions to contain shadow IT and conclusion (summarise
the report and include how to implement prevention).
8. There should be References. Students should research the subscribed PSU online databases to
identify the latest updates about the issue. Students should show 10 references out of which 5
must be in quality IT journals. Use APA style when citing in text and in the References section
9. Students should make every reasonable effort to apply relevant principles when analyzing a
10. Do not use pronouns in a business report. Refer to Malus Analytics International (MAI) the
first time it is stated; subsequently only MAI throughout the report.
Course Learning Outcomes
Demonstrate the ability to:
1. communicate well.
2. read and understand a case in total so as to respond to questions in a more integrative
Malus Analytics International (MAI): Combatting the menace of shadow IT
Shadow IT is a major problem affecting business today. Over the past decade, there has been tremendous changes in IT, including the emergence of cloud computing, which has come with IT management complexities (Magunduni & Chigona, 2018; Julia, 2012). As the end-user gets more freedom to access central IT database with ever expanding options, the role of Chief Information Officers (CIOs) and cloud computing providers in control access or managing how the end-user access central IT is beign eroded. Bring your own devices (BYOD) schemes is increasingly exposing business organisations to security breaches as consumers access central organisational database using their mobile phones, tablets, notebook computers, and other devices. Ultimately, the burden is on the cloud computing providers to sensitive their clients and work with them to ameliorate the challenge of shadow IT. This case study looks at strategies to combat shadow IT in Malus Analytics International.…….. BUS 373: Malus Analytics International (MAI): Combatting the menace of shadow IT…
or ORDER A CUSTOM PAPER