Students will practice researching and writing sections of an academic essay in the online modules and tutorials during the course. Formative feedback will be provided to scaffold the writing process and students will learn how to produce a researched and written response to the standard required for university.
Type: assignment – research-based assignment
Learning outcomes assessed: 1,2,3,5,6
Marked out of:40
Word length: 120 words
This assessment item aims to familiarize students with the process of researching and writing an essay of university-level standards in an appropriate academic register. Students will need to refer to am minimum of 5 appropriate academic sources in their essay (i.e. bks, journal articles, expert reports, conference papers).
Students are to select one of the themes or issues from the course text, Unpolished Gem by Alice Pung, and research the theme or issue from different perspectives in a range of academic texts. Students will construct evidence based academic argument in essay from taking a stance based on their broad research. Differences in Gender Roles between Australian and Cambodian Culture.
The online modules and tutorials will enable the proper completion of this assignment task by stepping students through the researching and writing process and providing formative feedback from the tutor on drafts.
- Select from the assignment questions provided.
- Follow the steps in the online modules and tutorials for unpacking your question, writing research questions and creating an outline for your essay.
- Undertake appropriate research using the Griffith Library’s academic database; evaluate your sources and use effective reading and note-taking techniques.
- Follow the steps in the online modules and tutorials for drafting your academic essay.
- Revise, edit and proofread your essay ensuring it uses appropriate referencing protocols, is cohesive and coherent and is grammatically accurate.
- The essay is to be typed (1.5 line spacing) and in 12-point Arial font, and appropriate margins and spacing between paragraphs should also be used.
- Submit an electronic copy of your academic essay to the online submission point. Differences in Gender Roles between Australian and Cambodian Culture……