Guideline of ECON7000 Report
35% of the final mark
For this assignment you are asked to find a news article from any time period
and analyse the issue it presents using your newly acquired economic skills. How
exactly you approach the problem is up to you. Obviously the way to attain
the highest marks is to show the marker that you understand the issues at hand
and how they apply to the real world. ECON7000 – Increase in the Demand of Toyota Trucks in the U.S.
• The article can come from any time period within reason (last 20 years or
so). It has to investigate a contemporary issue.
• A required word count of 1000 words (excluding tables, figures and graphs),
10% up or down is acceptable.
• Use appropriate referencing.
• Using diagrams that you have learnt about in the course will be beneficial
and will be essential to receiving high marks.
• The assignment is due 15:00 on the 27th of October and late submission
without an approved extension will be penalised by 20% of the assessments total
mark for every day late. ECON7000 – Increase in the Demand of Toyota Trucks in the U.S.
The below article was accessed from “The Economist” website.
The article looks at the current price of gold and talks about the things
causing it to change.
What would be a good plan of attack?
It would be beneficial for you to find an article and then make a list of
questions you want to answer in your report. You do not need to state what
questions you are attempting to answer, rather they should be an outline for
you in writing your paper.
In analysing this particular article the following problems would be good to
1. How has the gold price moved over the past few years?
2. Why do people invest in gold and in what times is gold more desirable as
a store of value?
3. What has caused it to fall to the current rate?
4. What does the author mean by the phrase “lower interest rates cut the
opportunity cost of owning gold”?
5. In what countries is gold in higher demand than others? Why?
Diagrams accompanying all of the important points you make are good ideas.
Marking Guidelines. ECON7000 – Increase in the Demand of Toyota Trucks in the U.S.
The following things will be penalised
• Failing to grasp or address the core concepts or ideas
• Poorly or ineffectively structured
• Unclear or illogical flow of ideas
• Fluffy or unclear arguments
• Incorrect or lack of referencing
• Weak or badly composed arguments. ECON7000 – Increase in the Demand of Toyota Trucks in the U.S.
ECON7000 – Increase in the Demand of Toyota Trucks in the U.S
In the article, “Toyota to boost supply of trucks, SUVs to meet U.S. demand,” Woodall (2015) talks about plans by Toyota to increase the supply of trucks in order as a result of the growing demand in the U.S. The news article shows that Toyota Motor Corp is expected to increased production of trucks and SUVs in mid-2016 in response to consumer tastes. The favourite full-size truck, Tundra, has only stock to meet 20 day’s demand and all the deals in the US has stock to supply for 10days only for Tacoma the mid-size truck, Tacoma. The dealers have continued to place orders for more supply and Toyota is planning to add another shift in Baja California, Mexico and San Antonia, Texas where Tacoma and Tundra are produced appropriately. The article also discusses the market trend that has seen companies turn their focus on production of SUVs and pick-up trucks that are on higher demand accounting for 59% of all the total sales up from 54% in the previous year (Woodall, 2015). The article projects that in the long run, within a period of one or two years, these models will become dominance and replace the existing models. For example, RAV4 is expected to replace Camry as the dominant model. Toyota is therefore making plan for adapting to this future demand. On the basis of this article, this report will discuss this article in light of economic principles. The report will use appropriate economic models, concepts, and diagrams to discuss economic arguments in the article. ECON7000 – Increase in the Demand of Toyota Trucks in the U.S…………..
or ORDER A CUSTOM PAPER