Submission: This assignment needs to be submitted electronically via Grade Centre (on the AYB 219 Blackboard site).
Only one submission is required from each group (consisting of Parts A and B).
Each group is required to make three (3) separate pdf submissions for this assignment:
- the cover sheets (ie. the Group Contribution Sheet and Group Integrity Declaration) combined into one scanned pdf file. These documents can be found on pages 41 and 42 respectively of this assignment.
- Part A (Christopher’s 2017 tax return) should be printed from HandiTax to pdf; and
- Part B (the technical reflection of the two tax issues) should be prepared in Microsoft Word but saved as a pdf document.
Group or Individual: Group
This assessment item assesses the following learning outcomes:
Knowledge and Technological Skills (KS)
1.2 Apply technical and technological skills appropriate and effective for real world business purposes and contexts.
Teamwork and Self (TS)
4.2 Apply teamwork knowledge and skills for effective collaboration across diverse purposes and contexts.
|A||Prepare Christopher Cross’ 2017 income tax return using Sage Handisoft’s HandiTax software package in a group of 3 or 4 students from the same tutorial class (15 marks)||4 – 13|
|B||Group Technical Reflection (5 marks)||14 – 15|
|E||Submission Requirements||17 – 18|
|Details of Christopher Cross for the year ended 30 June 2017||19 – 40|
|Various Administrative Documents||41 – 44|
- It is each student’s responsibility to form into appropriate groups for this assignment and the groups must be formed and a Group Formation sheet submitted to the student’s tutor by Tuesday 24 April 2018.
- It is each student’s responsibility to research the issues contained in this assignment. QUT staff members will not be answering any questions or issues relating to this assignment.
- However, if clarification of a particular point is required, please send an e-mail directly to the Unit Co-ordinator, Stephen Marsden, and not to your tutor.
Students are required to periodically check their QUT emails and the “Announcements” section of the AYB 219 Blackboard site for updates and any clarifications that may be required for the HandiTax Project.