Based on Griffith’s Employability Framework this assessment item is designed to prepare students for “transitioning out” to a career in their chosen field. Job Application: Hotel Manager Position
Job Review and Employment Application (25%; 1500-2000 words)
JOB REVIEW AND APPLICATION
Marks: 25 (25% of the course)
Length: 1500-2000 words
For the purposes of assessment only, students are required to search on-line and apply for a position related to their career interests. This position should be the type of position students would wish to apply for upon graduation. The position should be a realistic graduate position and can be located anywhere in the world. Students should also indicate in the introduction the name of the position, company and location where they are applying. Students will be required to indicate their interest in this position and undertake “mock” job-application, including a cover letter and resume, as they would if they were actually applying for the position. Job Application: Hotel Manager Position.
This assignment aims to assist students with the graduation recruitment process. The assignment requires students to identify a position that is currently available, and that they would consider applying for upon graduation. Students should indicate where the position was found and attach the employment advertisement as an appendix to the assignment. Specifically, students are required to:
- Identify a current position (job) that they would like to apply for upon graduation (this should be a realistic graduate position)
- Within the introduction, provide a brief overview of the position and the organisation
- Outline your motivation and interest in applying for this position and why you would seek employment with this organisation
- Provide a simulated application for the position, including a cover letter, (which addresses the selection criteria) and a resume/CV, tailored to the specific position. Job Application: Hotel Manager Position. Job Application: Hotel Manager Position.
3400HSL: CAREER DEVELOPMENT – Marking guide – 25% JOB REVIEW AND APPLICATION
Student name: Student number:
The following criteria will be used to assess this assignment:
The first section will be graded on a scale of 1 to 4, where 1 = poor or very limited, 2= basic or satisfactory, 3= good or reasonable, 4 = very good and extremely well done
Sections 2 and 3 will be graded using the same criteria (X2) and will be out of 10 marks.
(e.g., Why did you select this specific position to apply for?) (300-500 words)
(Appropriateness, quality and professionalism of cover letter)
(Appropriateness, quality and professionalism of resume)
Total score /25 marks (%)
- The assignment should include a short introduction indicating the position, company and location of the role.
- Please include a cover page and ensure all pages are numbered
- On-line submission via TurnItin only (see Learning@Griffith)
Job Application: Hotel Manager Position
Accor Vacation Club is one of the largest holiday destinations in Australia and New Zealand. The company is part of the Accor group of companies, and it is operated by a corporation by the name A.P.VC limited. The hotel has operations in eighteen countries and is considered to be the first growing club in Asia. The hotel caters for clients in different levels from luxury to budget. The hotel also operates in membership style, and Customers register as members online and are given an option of selecting the type of offer they require. Members receive massive discounts, and they are given an opportunity to choose any destination when they used the point-system used by the group of hotels. The hotel has a wide clientele due to the quality of service they offer to their customers. Job Application: Hotel Manager Position…..
or ORDER A CUSTOM PAPER