Assignment 2 – Research Based Assignment
This assignment is worth 30% of the final grade for this course. The grade given will be out of 30. It is an INDIVIDUAL assignment. Marketing Analysis for Phresh Burgerz.
The word count for this assignment is 1500 words. A 10% allowance above or below is acceptable. Please note that the reference list is not included in the word count. All pictures, figures and tables should be included in the body of the report, and are excluded from the word count. You should not attach any appendices. Marketing Analysis for Phresh Burgerz.
What you are required to do
You are required to analyse one of the clients who have partnered with this course. You do not have a choice of client. You are not permitted to contact the client directly – any questions you wish to ask must be firstly forwarded to your tutor or lecturer. Marketing Analysis for Phresh Burgerz.
Format for Assessment
In the workplace it is not customary to be given a template to follow. However, there is a structure at the end of this document that outlines what you should include in Assignment 2. It provides you with a step-by-step guide as to assessing your client. Despite the structure, please consider which information is most pertinent to the client, and ensure that you provide that in your document. You will of course need to include a TITLE page and REFERENCE list, as usual. Marketing Analysis for Phresh Burgerz.
Sources and Referencing
When compiling the report, you should take a practical applied view of marketing concepts. Therefore, it is likely the some of the sources used in this assignment are considered non-academic, and this is fine. However, that still requires you to provide quality references from authorities that are respected and know what they talking about. Don’t just use the first google answer you can find and take this as your answer. Dig deep and demonstrate that you have done your homework. Marketing Analysis for Phresh Burgerz.
You should also ensure a wide variety of sources to guide your research. These references should be a mix of academic (journal articles) and non-academic (textbook, websites, trade articles) sources. It is expected that you will conduct your own research from academic and trade journals to supplement textbook material. All sources should be correctly referenced using APA or Harvard standard. A referencing guide can be found under the Assessment folder. Additionally, the referencing tool on the Griffith Library website is a great resource. Incorrect referencing will see marks deducted, according to the criteria. Marketing Analysis for Phresh Burgerz.
Criteria & Marking:
If you would like to have a look at the marking criteria, please download the marking criteria rubric under the Assessment Tab > Assessment Item 2 folder > Research based assignment: Marking rubric. Marketing Analysis for Phresh Burgerz.
Return of Marks
Your work will be marked online and returned by email. Marks will be uploaded to your marks centre no later than 2 weeks from your submission.
Digital Backups of your work
To avoid losing your data, students are expected to keep a copy of their work backed up at all times. The best strategy is to save your work in multiple locations. It is suggested to save your work on a computer, USB and in your Google Drive (attached to your student email) after each edit, to save losing work. “Losing your work” is not an acceptable reason to apply for an extension. Students are expected to retain copies of all assessment items submitted until a final grade for the course has been awarded. Creating a backup of all your computer files is highly recommended. Marketing Analysis for Phresh Burgerz.
This assignment should be submitted online through the Safe Assign submission portal by the due date. More detailed guidelines on how to submit an assignment in Safe Assign can be found in the Assessment folder.
It is advised that you submit your work first as a draft (see draft submission point), and read the similarity report. The similarity report is designed to allow you to self-check for plagiarism. When you believe your work is free of referencing errors and plagiarism, you should submit through the the final submission link. Only two drafts, and one final submission are allowed. Please remember that similarity reports are not generated instantaneously, and can take up to 24 hours. Please consider this when planning your time up to the due date and time. Penalties of 10% of the maximum mark possible are deducted for each day the assignment is submitted late. Weekends count as one day. Marketing Analysis for Phresh Burgerz.
- Title page
- No executive summary
- Brief introduction
- Situation Analysis
- Social (reflect on relevant digital trends)
- g. From passive to active content consumption
- Reflect on the advancement of marketing technology
- Data protection and privacy laws (e.g. GDPR laws, privacy act)
- Australian consumer law
- How is the political landscape influencing the organisation
- Social (reflect on relevant digital trends)
- Market Analysis
- Competitor analysis (Who are their 3 direct competitors and how do they compare?)
- Micro-environment analysis
- Company analysis
- Who are they, what do they do and sell
- Staff analysis
- Current staff structure and expenses
- What specific marketing resources do they have in place?
- Digital assessment:
- Audit of existing social media platforms (followers, number of posts, engagement statistics, etc.). Make a comparison with the three key competitors identified in the meso-environment.
- Email marketing assessment
- Website and landing page assessment
- SEO assessment
- Paid advertising assessment
- Summarize digital challenges: Identify 3 key digital challenges for the organization you have selected as a result of your digital assessment. Demonstrate why these are important issues that should be fixed (i.e. what would the benefits be of fixing these issues)
- Company analysis
- Personas: Persona creation and customer journey mapping. Build a total of 3 personas, include an actual picture or a drawing. Use the following four segmentation bases to build your persona:
- Demographics: age range, gender, marital status, children, education, job type
- Geographic: where do they live? What does that tell us about their culture and lifestyle?
- Psychographics: goals, values, aspirations, pain-points, hobbies and other lifestyle characteristics. What do they want to achieve and how can your product/services help them.
- Behaviours that are relevant to your product/service
- What are their digital behaviours (social media usage, preferred digital channels, best point of contact, offline behaviours, how much time on their smartphone, laptop, and tablet? Where do they get their information from?
- What are the customers supposed to do with your marketing?
- Reference List (Harvard or APA. Consistency is important. Minimum of 10 references)
- No appendix
Marketing Analysis for Phresh Burgerz
This report analyses a burger restaurant in Australia known as Phresh Burgerz which has reportedly declining profits due to increased competition. Additionally, this report offers a situational analysis of the business and a summary of digital challenges. Marketing Analysis for Phresh Burgerz.
Customers have changed from passive to active content consumption aided by increased use of smartphones and surfing the internet. Customers are increasingly influenced by their peers in social media platforms such as blogs, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Instagram among others. Marketing Analysis for Phresh Burgerz.
There is increased used of social media and the internet in the marketing field to reach out as many customers as possible. Customers tend to rely on social media and the internet for information gathering regarding a brand in the market (Stokes, Wilson & Wilson 2010; Nieuwenhuizen, Weiss Rossouw 2008)…………
or ORDER A CUSTOM PAPER