Detailed information on assessment tasks
1. Students will work in groups of four to six. You will be directed to three academic and practitioner research
papers to critically analyse and discuss in a group presentation which you will submit to the link in Blackboard.
Choose an appropriate presentation style and supporting materials. For example, power point slides,
handouts, etc. You may choose to produce a video presentation and post in on YouTube, in which case submit
the link to Blackboard or you may prefer to produce a powerpoint presentation with voice-over. The choice is
yours. The presentation must be no longer than thirty minutes. MKTG5004 – Social Media.
2. This is an individual assessment. Drawing on your experience in Assessment 1, conduct a literature review that
addresses current issues in research for your area/topic of interest. In addition to critically analysing the body
of literature, you should also demonstrate your understanding of research philosophies and ethcial concerns
for research. You will need to access and cite a minimum of six academic articles. Length should be
approximately 2000 words. MKTG5004 – Social Media.
3. This is an individual assessment that must include the following:
1. Find a current business problem, preferably in your discipline area, that requires research to understand
and solve. You may use business articles such as the Financial Times, Financial Review, Business Review Weekly,
Harvard Business Review, etc. to identify an issue. MKTG5004 – Social Media.
2. Analyse the problem and develop propositions/hypotheses that need to be examined to address the
3. Evaluate a range of research methods and choose the approach that is best suited to the situation and
justify why you have chosen this.
4. Develop a research action plan that details and explains the steps to be taken at each stage of the research
5. Your report should demonstrate the importance of rigorous research and its application to industry. Length
should be approximately 2000 words. MKTG5004 – Social Media.
MKTG5004 – Social Media
The gaining popularity of social media has changed the popularity of traditional media.
Traditional media has lost popularity but researchers are yet to determine whether social media is
becoming an effective marketing platform. The gaining popularity of social media has affected
the mainstream media in terms of revenues since many companies now prefer to do their
marketing on social media. The main challenges affecting social media marketing is the inability
of organizations to align their marketing strategies with those of social media. This means there
is an existing gap between social media marketing and organizational marketing policies. In
order for social media marketing to be effective, it must be truly aligned with organizational
marketing strategies. MKTG5004 – Social Media…..
or ORDER A CUSTOM PAPER