Q1 (a) Find the value of
Q2 Doreen has the following four numbered cards
- What is the largest number that she can make using all the four cards?
- What is the smallest number that she can make using all the four cards?
- Find the difference between the largest and smallest numbers that you made.
Q3 Write down
- The multiples of 8 between 29 and 50.
- All the factors of 34.
Q4 Find the LCM of
- 3 and 7
- 3 and 18
- 5, and 9.
Q5 A small town has a population of 7,875.
(a) Write this number to the nearest 100.
- Write this number correct to 3 significant figures.
Q6 Express as a product of prime factors. NUMERACY ASSIGNMENT
Q7 2 5 6 2 8 2 6 3 9
For the numbers in the list above , write down
(a) the mode
(b) the median.
Q8 Estimate (do not calculate) the value of
Q9 Calculate the value of
- , giving your answer correct to 3 significant figures.
- , giving your answer correct to two decimal places.
- (33 + 6) ÷ (7.8 + 3.2)
Q12 (a) Increase 500 kg by 24%.
- Decrease 300 Pesos by 20%.
- A long distance call costs SR 640. If a 15% VAT is added to it, what will be the total cost of this long distance call?
Q13 Simplify the following
Q14 (a) A sum of SR 120,000 is invested in government bonds, attracting simple interest at a rate of 6% per year. If the sum is invested for a period of 3 years, calculate
(i) the amount of interest earned after 3 years.
- the total amount after the 3 years.
You may use the formula
- In 2014, 420 new cars were imported in Seychelles. In 2015, 530 cars were imported.
Calculate the percentage increase in the number of cars imported in Seychelles between 2014 and 2015. Give your answer correct to 3 significant figures.
You may use the procedure: Percentage increase =
Q15 (a) Express as a ratio in its simplest form
- Divide $1800 grams in the ratio 3:5.
- Apples cost $1.12 for each kilogram.
Calculate the cost of 4.5 kilograms of apples. NUMERACY ASSIGNMENT
- A cyclist can travel 90 km in 30 minutes.
How far can she travel in 2 hours, if she cycles at the same speed?
Q16 Simplify the following expressions
- 12x + 8y – 8x + 2y
- 10x2 + 9xy – 7x2 – 6xy 
Q18 Given that p = 12, q = 8, r = 4 and s = 0.
Q19 The amount of rain, in mm, that fell over five days is shown in the table below.
|Day of the week||Amount of rain (mm)|
- Draw a clearly labeled bar chart to show this information.
- Find the mean amount of rain that fell during the five days. NUMERACY ASSIGNMENT.