Assignment 3 – Digital Marketing Campaign
WARNING: Do not create any new REAL social accounts in the name of the client! We do not want you to do this in real life, but conceptualise the ideas, and show us mock-ups of advertising, webpages etc. (e.g. with the use of Canva.com / or even sketches). You should not use the brand name and intellectual property by creating actual social accounts etc. PHRESH BURGERZ DIGITAL MARKETING
Ok, now that we got this out of the way…let us move on
This assignment is worth 50% of the final grade for this course. The grade given will be out of 50. It is an INDIVIDUAL assignment. PHRESH BURGERZ DIGITAL MARKETING.
The word count for this assignment is 2500 – 3000 words. A 10% allowance above or below is acceptable. Please note that the reference list is not included in the word count. All pictures, figures and tables should be included in the body of the report, and are excluded from the word count. Try to avoid appendices unless necessary. PHRESH BURGERZ DIGITAL MARKETING.
What you are required to do
You have spent a lot of time in Assignment 1 getting to know your client and their customers (Personas). By now you should have a profound understanding of the path that you want your customers to take and leverage of this knowledge by thinking about digital strategies and tactics to guide consumers through the hourglass as quickly and efficiently as possible. Assignment 3 brings everything together, and you will present your client with a holistic and integrated 6-12 month digital marketing campaign that they can take and execute. PHRESH BURGERZ DIGITAL MARKETING.
Format for Assessment
In the workplace, it is not customary to be given a template to follow. However, there is a structure at the end of this document that outlines what you should include in Assignment 3. It provides you with a step-by-step guide as to the key content pieces of your final assignment. Despite the structure, please consider which information is most pertinent to the client, and ensure that you provide that in your document. You will, of course, need to include a TITLE page and REFERENCE list, as usual. PHRESH BURGERZ DIGITAL MARKETING.
Sources and Referencing
When compiling the report, you should take a practical applied view of marketing concepts. Therefore, it is likely the some of the sources used in this assignment are considered non-academic, and this is fine. However, that still requires you to provide quality references from authorities that are respected and know what they are talking about. Don’t just use the first google answer you can find and take this as your answer. Dig deep and demonstrate that you have done your homework. PHRESH BURGERZ DIGITAL MARKETING.
You should also ensure a wide variety of sources to guide your research. These references should be a mix of academic (journal articles) and non-academic (textbook, websites, trade articles) sources. It is expected that you will conduct your own research from academic and trade journals to supplement textbook material. All sources should be correctly referenced using APA or Harvard standard. A referencing guide can be found in the Assessment folder. Additionally, the referencing tool on the Griffith Library website is a great resource. Incorrect referencing will see marks deducted, according to the criteria. PHRESH BURGERZ DIGITAL MARKETING.
Criteria & Marking:
If you would like to have a look at the marking criteria, please download the marking criteria rubric under the Assessment Tab > Assessment Item 3 folder > Digital marketing campaign: Marking rubric. PHRESH BURGERZ DIGITAL MARKETING.
Return of Marks
Your work will be marked online and returned by email. Marks will be uploaded to your marks centre after the meeting of the assessment board. Grades cannot be released before then.
Digital Backups of your work
To avoid losing your data, students are expected to keep a copy of their work backed up at all times. The best strategy is to save your work in multiple locations. It is suggested to save your work on a computer, USB and in your Google Drive (attached to your student email) after each edit, to save losing work. “Losing your work” is not an acceptable reason to apply for an extension. Students are expected to retain copies of all assessment items submitted until a final grade for the course has been awarded. Creating a backup of all your computer files is highly recommended. PHRESH BURGERZ DIGITAL MARKETING.
This assignment should be submitted online through the Safe Assign submission portal by the due date. More detailed guidelines on how to submit an assignment in Safe Assign can be found in the Assessment folder. PHRESH BURGERZ DIGITAL MARKETING.
It is advised that you submit your work first as a draft (see draft submission point), and read the similarity report. The similarity report is designed to allow you to self-check for plagiarism. When you believe your work is free of referencing errors and plagiarism, you should submit through the final submission link. Only two drafts and one final submission are allowed. Please remember that similarity reports are not generated instantaneously, and can take up to 24 hours. Please consider this when planning your time up to the due date and time. Penalties of 10% of the maximum mark possible are deducted for each day the assignment is submitted late. Weekends count as one day. PHRESH BURGERZ DIGITAL MARKETING.
This is it, folks. You time to show that you have what it takes. This is the main piece of assessment for the course, and so should bring all of the course learnings together. You cannot use digital marketing tactics in isolation, so consider how each aspect of digital marketing works with another to provide a comprehensive digital marketing solution for your client. Your ideas presented here should be based on academic learnings (i.e. the guidebook, readings and templates provided), as well as recent news articles, website tutorials and free online resources suggested in this course. Use the following guideline to structure your assignment:
- Executive summary (1-page maximum)
- Introduction (half a page)
- Articulate your client’s brand narrative briefly (2-3 sentences). Please note that you don’t have to do the full 6 step brand narrative development here.
- An overview of the Persona(s) (including the journey map) that you are going to design the digital campaign plan for.
- Summarise the key digital marketing challenge(s) and make sure that your assignment 3 is going to help tackle these identified challenge(s).
This digital marketing plan should be planned for a period of 3, 6 or 12 months. This will allow for you to plan for seasonality and have good lead time for campaigns. The length of the campaign should depend and match the available resources (e.g. budget, staff, etc.) of the client. PHRESH BURGERZ DIGITAL MARKETING.
- Design a digital hourglass for your client. In most cases it is easiest to create 1 hourglass for 1 specific persona. However, if you feel that your hourglass can cater to multiple personas that is fine too.
- Use the “hourglass table template” to complete this section.
- Develop digital objectives (measurable and time bound) for each of the seven stages of the hourglass (awareness, exploration, consideration, trial, conversion, loyalty, advocacy)
- Make sure you develop micro/macro conversion measures as well as performance metrics for each of the stages so you can make sure you can evaluate the success of each of those stages. PHRESH BURGERZ DIGITAL MARKETING.
- Content curation and creation.
- Build 3 themes and 5 angles for each theme.
- Highlight where the information for each of the angles will come from (e.g. google news, industry association publications, magazines, publishers, etc.)
- Build content for the client: Examples for content pieces are list below (this is just a list of examples. You don’t have to use all and you can use others too):
- White paper, E-book, report
- Blog (write a brief blog post example / introduce a blog series)
- Webinar (suggest and map out a series of webinars)
- Email newsletter (outline the format, key features and content of newsletter)
- Infographics / Gifographics (draw up some infographics)
- Social media content (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn posts)
- Specific landing pages (you can draw sketches of landing pages)
NOTE: Provide specific examples for the client so that they are able to take your digital marketing plan and implement it moving forward. Make sure these content pieces relate to your overall campaign and are relevant to the various stages of the hourglass. PHRESH BURGERZ DIGITAL MARKETING.
- Implementation This is underpinned by who does what, when, and where. You have creative freedom to develop an implementation plan to showcases the following information:
- Human resources: Consider which paid staff (full or part-time) and volunteer base you have access to.
- Who will be assigned do create content (consider skill set?)
- Who will be assigned to execute and manage content?
- Outline the roles clearly (e.g. full-time job; sub-contractor, agency) and the type of work (e.g. videographers, photographers or other experts/consultants) needed
- Digital channel distribution (where is the content going to be distributed, e.g. email, social, web, blog, etc).
- Frequency and times of distribution (a separate Gantt chart may be needed here to convey this over the duration of the campaign).
- Human resources: Consider which paid staff (full or part-time) and volunteer base you have access to.
- Monitoring and evaluation metrics (micro/macro conversions and other performance metrics from your hourglass). Outline how you can measure success. Consider client’s current marketing technology and what new or additional technology they may need to better gauge success. Consider google analytics, tags/pixels, email software, CRM systems, marketing automation software, social media analytics, chatbots and messenger. (Note, to set up the analytics, codes and pixels is really beyond this course, but at least specify the things you would like to measure and how you would do this). PHRESH BURGERZ DIGITAL MARKETING.
- Budget: How much will it all cost? By now you should have a clear budget indication of your client. Use this as a guide to developing this section. Also reflect on the paid strategy: Reflect on the following:
- SEO management (if outsourced – get quotes)
- SEM campaign management (PPC) (if outsourced – get quotes)
- Email software (g. Mail Chimp fees)
- CRM systems (e.g. infusionsoft, sharpspring, hubspot)
- Google Ads (set a daily or monthly budget)
- Social media ads (set a daily or monthly budget)
- Sources/evidence/references (Harvard or APA is fine. Minimum of 15 references)
PHRESH BURGERZ DIGITAL MARKETING
As a growing company operating in a hotly contested market, Phresh Burgerz need to grow in the market in terms of increased market share, sales, and revenue. This can be achieved by improving its marketing strategy and specifically focusing on the digital platform which is cheaper but reaches out as many customers as possible in the market. To capture the market and increase market share, the company needs to a widened customer base for its products and hence the need for developing and designing a highly effective digital communication plan. This report therefore, outlines the current ineffective and inefficient digital presence of Phresh Burgerz and recommends new aggressive, and vibrant digital approach that is focused on increasing the brand awareness through advancing customer relationships, growing an email database, creating creative and innovative web and social media content to increase the amount of time customers spend on all the company’s digital platforms. Additionally, the aim of this digital plan is to increase company’s online engagement with various customers to capture their burger preferences. The marketing strategies used in this report will be developed on advancing the Phresh Burgerz holistic business approach with regards to providing quality products and services to increase customer satisfaction and loyalty………
or ORDER A CUSTOM PAPER