Title: Professional Identity and Development Plan
Type: Assignment – Written Assignment
Learning Outcomes Assessed: 1, 2, 3, 4
Marked out of: 20
Professional Identity and Development Plan:
Length: 1000 words (+/- 10% and excluding reference list – tutor will not read/assess beyond the maximum word length)
Must be submitted online at the “Turnitin Assessment Submission” tab at Learning@Griffith
Professional Identity Plan
The aim of creating a professional identity and development plan is to gain a deeper understanding of yourself and your profession. Professional
development plans are a way to make proactive change, facilitiate your personal growth, aid successful career planning and enhance your capacity
to create your future. The professional development plan may also be used as an aid in recruitment and selection and performance management
processes. Professional Development and Development Plan.
The plan can be included in your career portfolio and demonstrates reflective analysis and forward thinking skills.
Students are required to create a Professional Development and Identity plan and answer the four questions below.
1. Where am I? What is my current situation? (Background information, degree/major, work experience, previous education, identify your key
strengths, as well as areas that need improvement)
2. What is your professional identity? Professional identity is defined as the constellation of attributes, beliefs, and values people use to define
themselves in specialized, skill- and education-based occupations or vocations (Benveniste, 1987; Ibarra, 1999). What profession do you want
to be a part of? To what degree are your attributes, beliefs and values aligned with this profession?
3. Where do I want to be? (What are your career/professional aspirations? Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years? What are some of the
notions/characteristics/key aspects that you associate with a career in ER/HR/Mgmt (or your chosen field) post-university?)
4. How can I get there? (List some specific stategies that either have helped or will help you achieve your career goals and enhance your
Approximately 250 words per question. The minimum requirement to pass this assessment piece is to use at least four recent
(post-2000) refereed journal articles to further justify the points you have made.
Formatting instructions. Professional Development and Development Plan.
– Include a clear cover page with your name, student number, and course code
– Times new roman 12 point font
– 1.5 line spacing
– A4 paper size, with 2.5cm margins
– You must provide a reference list (not a bibliography)
– APA style referencing required. Professional Development and Development Plan.
Please make sure your submission includes a title page with:
Applied Human Resource Management and Change 3012EHR – Tri 2 2017 Griffith University
13 July 2017, 09:37AM Page 1/6
• your name, student number, tutor name, workshop time and location
• Your file should be named with the following format: Surname_FirstName_3012EHR
Criteria & Marking:
The Professional Identity and Development Plan will be assessed according to the following criteria:
– Demonstrated indepth reflection and analysis of your current situation
– Demonstrated discussion of Professional Identity. Professional Development and Development Plan.
– Demonstrated ability of forward thinking
– Demonstrated discussion of practical strategies to achieve career goals
– Presentation/mechanics and Refereed sources
Full assessment details: Please refer to the Course Handbook in the 3012EHR Assessment folder on Learning @ Griffith for all
*To be eligible to pass this course, students are required to complete all FOUR assessment items.
Submission: On-line via the ‘Turnitin Assessment Submission’ tab at the 3012EHR course site at Learning@Griffith
This assessment item:
• is a school based activity
• is an individual activity
• includes a self assessment activity
• does not have a resubmission provision. Professional Development and Development Plan.
Professional Development and Development Plan
My Current Situation
I am a second-year student studying Bachelor of business and majoring in human resource. I studied my junior and senior middle school levels in China which is my home country. Although I have not worked in a formal organization, I worked in a family business for two years after my senior middle school before joining my undergraduate studies. I am a hardworking, diligent and motivated student, which has seen me excel in my studies. Through my performance, I was able to secure a position at the university, although I am from China. Professional Development and Development Plan.
During the period I was working in the family business and my experience at the university I have noted I possess some key strength. For example, I pay attention to details, and I adhere to set deadlines and am very organized. During group work assignment in school, I have noted that am a team player and I relate well with everyone. These assignments have also developed my leadership skills, and I have noted can also communicate well to individuals and groups. Professional Development and Development Plan…………….
or ORDER A CUSTOM PAPER